Monday, December 27, 2010

Stamps From Grandma

So today is the 27th of December. My Grandma Barbara gave me part of her collection of UN (United Nations) stamps. They are really cool. Some of them are even 59 years old! The collection was started by her Uncle Herman in 1951. She gave me stamps that are from 1951-2009. I have already put about 50 or 60 stamps in my new album that has stamps from 1951 to 1971. There is also an album that is from 2000-the end. Right now it only has stamps issued for that album from 2000-2009, but more stamps will be issued for that album in the future. She basically gave me 1 year's worth of stamps, not to mention the 80-100 stamps I have from my Grandpa Dan. I am having lots of fun with these stamps. She also gave me a stamp catalog from Amazon. Thank you, grandma!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.