Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Puzzle Challenge Begins...

Hey there! So yesterday when I was looking for something to do, I decided that it would be fun to do a contest on my blog. But we found out that would not really be possible. But then I had an idea. Once every few days, I could post a mystery that I wrote, and then a few days later I could post the answer. Anyway, here is the first mystery:

 The other day, my friend and I were walking down the street. My friend, (His name is Fred A. Doogong), said to me,"Hey, Joe. Do you hear that siren? I think that is a police's siren. Let's go check it out!" So we decided to to walk toward the sound. Eventually, we got to the source of the noise-the bank! In front of the bank, there were three policemen and five people. One of the people was yelling. He was saying: "I tell ya, I didn't do it! I was innocently walking down the street-" Just then, another friend of mine, David, walked by. He said, "Hey Joe, I thought you guys were coming over for the evening. How about we watch this on TV at my place."
  "Okay", I said, figuring that we could find out more at when we watched TV.
  When we got to David's house, I turned on the TV right away. The TV reporter was saying that someone had stolen $5,000.00 from the bank. Only one out of five of the suspects would talk. The one that would talk said that he couldn't have done it because he was walking home from the airport in town after coming home from China. He said that in China he had hiked Mount Everest. He also said that he didn't have his luggage because his wife was driving all of it home for him. While he was saying all this three of the other suspects kept straight faces and one smiled. All of a sudden, I said,"David, Fred! I know who robbed the bank! Call the police!
                                                     Who did it, and how did I know?   


The answer is: The guy who would talk talked too much; Mount Everest isn't in China, it's in Tibet and Nepal!










4 comments:

  1. It was the sick guy without health insurance. He robbed the bank so he could go to jail and see a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly the "talker" is lying: Mt. Everest is in Nepal, not China! (although he might have flown in and out of China to get there...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad did it. I've never trusted that guy.

    (Naw, I think your dad's right. The talker's story doesn't line up.)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.